• There was more consolidation with larger property developers taking over smaller competitors.
• The Bank of Thailand (BOT) proposed tighter mortgage lending measures to restrict speculators and investors in the property market.
• Weaker domestic residential demand is driving some developers to greater reliance on condominium sales to foreigners, particularly Chinese buyers.
• The number of joint ventures between Thai and mainly Japanese companies has continued to grow.
• The BOT has maintained the policy rate at 1.50% in Q3 2018 – this rate has been unchanged for over three years since April 2015.